The picture is too large and will be truncated

jalanthomas

First . . . I did search the Internet, found some similar-sound problems, but none of their suggestions worked. . . .

I am using Excel 2007 on Windows Vista (Home edition). For months I have been developing some VBA code for Excel, with no problems. All of a sudden, I constantly get the error message "The picture is too large and will be truncated" when I close the Excel file with the VBA code.

To be more specific, if I open the spreadsheet containing the code, run the code, and then try to close the spreadsheet, I get this error.

I tried changing screen resolution, turned off the Windows "Clip Organizer", and restarted the computer. None of these suggestions help.

The VBA code does, at one point, insert a [PNG] picture from a file. However, this part is not new. In addition, I have tried to be careful to turn off CutCopyMode after the insertion, and also to set related objects to nothing at the end of the Sub. The only recent difference is that the size of the Excel file has recently grown to over 500KB.

Any ideas as to what I might try to get around this problem?

TIA, Alan

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.
Additional information: This problem occurs in Excel 2007/Windows Vista, but it does not occur in Excel 2003/Windows XP.

Alan

Upvote 0
are you saving the file in a 2003 compatable format?
file bloat seems to be common in 2007 saved in 2003 compatable.

if so, Try saving as 2007 file and see if you have the same problem.

more confusing you may need to save the file as 2007 then reopen and insert picture and resave before the problem does not reoccur.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back