The Spreadsheet Is Not Calculating % Commission Correctly

klownzold

Office Version
  1. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
These are the 2 files im having problems with, please feel free to look or download,
i) Original Formula:
ii) A user from the old thread recommended I do some changes, so here is the other version (but gives the same result):

The problem im having, is that the CALCULATED AMOUNTS (F3, F4, F5) are not correct. They are NOT CALCULATING THE CORRECT AMOUNT. They are slightly off to that of what is worked out on a calculator, but nevertheless, WRONG.

For folks who dont know how betting works:

- Betting works on multiplying the odds (a) x by your bet amount (b) = winnings (c) then you have to minus - your bet amount (b) because you get the amount you bet back, and what you have left is your winnings.

- Easy example; odds are $1.50 and I want to bet $100, so $1.50 x $100 = $150, then, I get my $100 that I spent back, and im left with $50 profit.

- But because I use a bookmaker that takes COMMISSION, I also have to take into consideration that after I have won a certain amount, they will be giving me 5% less because of commission. That $50 winnings becomes = $47.50. ($50 profit - 5% commission = $2.50).

SO MY PROBLEM IS:

I want the spreadsheet to calculate "HOW MUCH I HAVE TO BET" (Column F) in order to get to the my "DESIRED TARGET AMOUNT" which is (Column C), BUT ALSO, take into consideration that it has to ADD the "COMMISSION" (Fixed Cell L2) to reach that TARGET AMOUNT (Column C).

The sheet includes a RECOVER LOSS AMOUNT formula also, which if I put "L" for LOSS in Column G, would force Column F to work out the next amount including what I have to recover to get my desired target as well as what ive lost.

As you can see in the attached sheet, it all seems to work, but if worked out on a calculator, its a little different.
F3 SHOULD BE = 210.53 but its showing 210
F4 SHOULD BE = 78.95 but its showing 81.38
F5 SHOULD BE = 43.86 but its showing 45.66

Kindest Regards.

This issue is taken from the following thread, the website recommends I start a new thread to get my question answered, so here is the old thread:

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fuddy_Duddy

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back