There must be a more efficient way to do this

cqcqcq

Hi,

Each month I am running a basic year over year product category performance report using pivot tables. The data for the current report and pivots are coming from a table that has this year and last year and each month as columns.

Each month, I'm going in and selecting the current month as a new value, and last years coinciding month. Also, along with that I have a calculated field that needs to be changed every month too.

I feel there must be a much easier or better way to do this. Each month I am essentially opening about ten pivot tables, removing the month value, re-adding the new ones, and fixing my calculated fields. It's a tedious task
the attached image may make it a little easier to understand. The product cats have been blurred. This one is fixed for my July report, but before it was fixed it was all set to Jun-19, Jun-20 etc..etc..

Thanks for any help!

EDIT:
Image removed at request of OP

Last edited by a moderator:

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.
there two way... if you don't want to touch pivotable you need to add those formulated columns in source file through using formula.

or creating macro would be 2nd option.

Upvote 0
there two way... if you don't want to touch pivotable you need to add those formulated columns in source file through using formula.

or creating macro would be 2nd option.

If I did the first approach, formulate in the table, are you suggesting to then just make something that has a vlookup for the current month and goes and grabs only the data needed? Maybe that's where I'm stuck, I can make that, but just need the easiest way to swap from month to month

Upvote 0
okay .. tell me criteria for those column, how you decide which month sould be part of pivotable.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DannyC96

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back