This week Vs. Previous week using slicers

m5edward

Hi Everyone,

I am making a 2 page report that needs to show # of transactions and avg. basket size for this week and last week, as well as the difference between the two. The 2 pages are corporate owned stores vs franchised stores. I am hoping to simply duplicate my first page (corporate stores) and use a filer to show my franchise stores.

My logic so far is to create 2 slicers with fiscal weeks as values to differentiate between what is this week and what is last week. I will also group the visuals into 2 groups, this week and last week.

The problem is that my second slicer is connected to my first slicer, and I can't disconnect it. This is driving me nuts.

Also, I need to compute the difference in transactions and basket size between this week and last week.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Mark

Excel Facts

Which came first: VisiCalc or Lotus 1-2-3?
Dan Bricklin and Bob Frankston debuted VisiCalc in 1979 as a Visible Calculator. Lotus 1-2-3 debuted in the early 1980's, from Mitch Kapor.
You don’t need 2 slicers. You need a single slicer on a calendar table, and then write a DAX Formula that does the “1 week ago” time shift for the previous week. Read my article here.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EmmeEnne1979

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back