Tie Microsoft Excel tool to Access DB

WiscoJay

Hello! Short story: I am trying to tie a "Billing Tool" I made into an access database.

Long Story: I recently developed a billing tool in Excel. The user dumps a text file into a "raw" tab, then via a series of push button macros, an invoice is built. This final invoice contains unique account numbers (hundreds). When complete, the user has the ability to push a "Save" macro that outputs the invoice tab as a separate excel file to a drive. I would like to add to this function and send the account number to an access DB and time stamp it. Each time the user creates an invoice, the new account numbers would be sent to the same access DB-- essentially creating a log of accounts that have been invoiced and the time they were generated.

Is this possible via VBA script? I have limited Access skills but can learn.

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.
So many ways to skin this cat. Yes, you can use automation to open a connection to an Access database and modify a table. What might be easier is to either
a) store the log info in the source spreadsheet file (maybe an Accounts tab) and link to it from Access, or
b) use the TransferSpreadsheet function to copy a range of cells to an Access table.
You say there are hundreds of account numbers, yet you suggest there is only one to be sent to the db, so I'm not sure exactly what might be the most logical or easiest method. The transfer might be the easiest.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back