time and volume

Raanan

Board Regular
Hey, basically working with time in excel confuses me a bit. (Even outside excel if I'm honest!! :LOL:)

So, working on a very basic worksheet.

If it takes 00:20 minutes to complete an action.. and there are 200 to do.. How do I put the hat in a formula I excel? The time format is [h]:mm.

Then, after I've got that result (in hours). I then need to work out... Based on a 7 hour day.. how many people it would take to do those actions.

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes
I'd multiply 00:20 by 200, and then multiply that by 24/7 (or I'd share it by "07:00", by storing "07:00" in a cell somewhere).

SPOILER ALERT: The answer I got is 9.52. :)

Chris.

Upvote 0
Like this? G3 copied down.

Excel Workbook
ABCDEFG
1Hours per day
27:00Action TimeNo. of actionsTotal TimePeople required
30:2020066:4010
41:0088:002
Time

Upvote 0
Ah that's great. Now, to throw a spanner in. If I was doing it on a monthly basis. Could I just change the 7:00 to say 140:00? (7a day , 5 days a week, 4 weeks a month)

Upvote 0
Ah that's great. Now, to throw a spanner in. If I was doing it on a monthly basis. Could I just change the 7:00 to say 140:00? (7a day , 5 days a week, 4 weeks a month)
Monthly calculations would be much more approximate given the varying number of days (and work days) in a month. Possibly a closer figure to use would be 150:00 as there are approx 4.3 weeks in a month on average. Up to you what to use though of course.

Upvote 0
I've got to do a roll up "estimate" of how many people would be needed to do a particular piece of work. Its likely to be on a weekly and monthly basis so wanted to have variables for both.

thanks for your help guys much appreciated.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianhfield

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back