time chart for baby

kwhincop

hi, I'm new to this forum, but was hoping someone can help me convert my baby's feeding data into a chart (a frustrated engineer needing to keep her brain active!).
I have a log of start/stop/elapsed times for feeding each day and wanted to see if there is any pattern to it. I could add in left side, right side and sleep times too, but wasn't sure if that would complicate matters

eg some made up data
7:00 16mins (LHS)
7:30 10mins (RHS)
8:30 150mins (sleep)
11:00 18mins (RHS)
11:30 9mins (LHS)
12:00 120 mins (sleep)
etc

I was envisaging a bar chart with the 24hrs of time on the x-axis and each day of the month on the y axis. So each increment on the y axis would have a series of stop/start bars (a different colour for LHS/RHS/Sleep if possible, otherwise just one colour for "feeding") across the page
Hope you know what I mean...
Any thoughts/suggestions?
thanks

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college
hi and welcome to the board.

thoughts / suggestions, but not a solution...
thats for your underutilised grey matter

feeding and sleeping times are both functions of baby's needs, which are both periodic.

you might like to look at the relationship between hunger and amount fed, and tiredness and amount slept. you can examine periodicity and should be able to demonstrate, for example that over time the need for sleep reduces despite activity increasing. there will be a high correlation between amount consumed and the time between feeds, but this will become codependant with activity as baby grows.

fyi, if you are trying to encourage a bit of neuron firing, we have a Lounge, in which members engage in mentally stimulating conversation (including some new parent banter):

http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grijken

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back