Time Formats using the now() function

Tyler

Hello,

On the system that i am working on i have the current time running to give me accurate measures of ongoing wait times.

For example column A is Start time, Column B is Finish Time and Column C is total time. I have a seperate cell, D2, that holds =now() which i have formatted to show up as h:mm. I am using an IF statement so that if i have not filled in the finish time the total time will show as =$D$2-"start time". This will then produce a time in h:mm format in my total time cell. I am then using conditional formatting to change the row red if the total time is greater than 1hour 15min (1:15). This works fine if the start time and current time are in the AM however if they are in the PM the conditional formatting does not work. I believe this is because the now() produces a number that includes the date.

Does anyone know if there is a way around this>. Is there a funtion similar to now() that will just give the time?

Any help is greatly appreciated

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hengshankouniuniu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back