Time formula if great than 15

Patriot2879

Office Version
  1. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi i hope you can help i would like a formula please. i have cell A1 which time stamps todays date and time when data is inputted in another cell. B1 has a 'yes' or 'no' in a list which gets selected. What i require is when A1 is updated with a time stamp and cell B1 = 'Yes' i want cell C1 to put in the time for when B1 was updated. Then in D1 i want a calculation to work out the time difference between cell A1 and C1 and if this is greater than 15 i want cell A1 to change to red colour. I hope this all makes sense and that you can help please?

Last edited:
Hi thank you for that it works now, but it doesn't automatically update if another cell turns red, is there any way to do that, or do i have to refresh the Countcolours code?

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
A change in colour is not classed as a cell change, only when the contents change.

Press F9, to recalculate the sheet.

Upvote 0
One other thing. The Colours Red, Cyan, etc, are all based on a ix of the RGB colours of each being 255 or 0. No shades.

If you want to work in shades of colour, put in the numerical value instead of the name of the colour. So light Green will be 5296274, which is Red = 146, Green = 208 and Blue = 80

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JAMES KECULAH

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back