Time Intelligence Function - Year to Date Formula for Prior Year Year to Date

scpournara

I am having a very hard time writing a formula for Prior Year, YTD. Everything works correctly by I can not figure this out. For currently year I use the formulae: 2020 YTD:=CALCULATE([TotalSales],DATESYTD('Calendar'[Date])). But for prior year I want to return only the months through June 2020. I can then do my comparisons. Any suggestions?

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Which came first: VisiCalc or Lotus 1-2-3?
Dan Bricklin and Bob Frankston debuted VisiCalc in 1979 as a Visible Calculator. Lotus 1-2-3 debuted in the early 1980's, from Mitch Kapor.

Jeffrey Mahoney

Use SUMIFS(sum_range,Criteria_range,Criteria)
=Sumifs( CALCULATE([TotalSales],DATESYTD('Calendar'[Date],"<"&Date(YEAR(TODAY()),6,1))

If you want to encompass a date range, you'll need to add another criteria_range and criteria to include from Last year June 1

scpournara

Use SUMIFS(sum_range,Criteria_range,Criteria)
=Sumifs( CALCULATE([TotalSales],DATESYTD('Calendar'[Date],"<"&Date(YEAR(TODAY()),6,1))

If you want to encompass a date range, you'll need to add another criteria_range and criteria to include from Last year June 1

Wow, That is AWESOME! I ended up creating a Filter, but that is not sustainable. Love your solution and thanks a lot.

Subscribe on YouTube

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreedySheedy

This Week's Hot Topics

• Turn fraction around
    Hello I need to turn a fraction around, for example I have 1/3 but I need to present as 3/1
  • TIme Clock record reformatting to ???
    Hello All, I'd like some help formatting this (Tbl-A)(Loaded via Power Query) [ATTACH type="full" width="511px" alt="PQdata.png"]22252[/ATTACH]...
  • TextBox Match
    hi, I am having a few issues with my code below, what I need it to do is when they enter a value in textbox8 (QTY) either 1,2 or 3 the 3 textboxes...
  • Using Large function based on Multiple Criteria
    Hello, I can't seem to get a Large formula to work based on two criteria's. I can easily get a oldest value based one value, but I'm struggling...
  • Can you check my code please
    Hi, Im going round in circles with a Compil Error End With Without With Here is the code [CODE=rich] Private Sub...
  • Combining 2 pivot tables into 1 chart
    Hello everyone, My question sounds simple but I do not know the answer. I have 2 pivot tables and 2 charts that go with this. However I want to...