Time sheet as bars with breaks as Excel chart

CyrusTexas

Hello, I am trying to create an Excel chart that functions as a time sheet (names on the y-axis and time of day on the x-axis) and I am having a lot of trouble doing this! This is not an problem when there are no time-off breaks during working hours but incorporating those gaps for each person in the chart is what is proving to be very challenging. I hope the following example will clarify things further:

As an example, for employee John who works, say, from 9A until 12 noon, takes a 15 min break, then restarts work at 1215P until a second break at 2P and works a final shift from 215P until 500P, I would like to show a single line for John from 9A until 5P but with two breaks in that line accounting for the two 15 min breaks at noon and 2P.

Would someone please help? Thank you!

No luck GraH. I'm following your instructions to the letter but clearly I am still doing something wrong. Will figure a work around because this is driving me nuts! Once again, thank you for taking the time and effort to walk me through this!

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelhelp12345

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back