Time Sheet

peggyal

I am doing a time sheet that registers time worked in tenths of an hour. My start time and end time is in one column by a '24 hour' clock. Is there a formula that will subtract the end time from the start time and display in TENTHS? Example Start 1500, end 2352 (a total of 8 hours and 52 minutes). Must then be displayed as 8.9

One last question along the Time Sheet question, I log overnights on this sheet by typing the name of the city. Is there anyway to assign '1' to each typed overnight and thus total at the bottom of the sheet? In other words, A1 (MIA) A8 (TLH) A22 (EWR) = 3?
You lost me on that one. I don't quite understand how you want it to work. Can you post an example of the situation and what you want your results to look like?

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney
I have 31 rows with numerous columns for my time and duty sheet. I may have 15 overnights and have one column with that heading. I must put where I was overnight. At the end of the year, I have to go count all my overnigts. If I could assign a number (1) to each written city, it would total all my overnights instead of having to go count each city. Is that possible?

Upvote 0
I am confused by how city is incorporated into everything. Can you post some screen shots like you did yesterday?

Upvote 0
jmiskey said:
I am confused by how city is incorporated into everything. Can you post some screen shots like you did yesterday?

She didn't--that was me posting an example of what I was talking about in my other post to this thread. :)

Upvote 0
She didn't--that was me posting an example of what I was talking about in my other post to this thread.
Ah, so it is. Missed that the first time (was having a tough day yesterday).

Still think I need to see the structure of her sheet to try to figure out how it is all supposed to work.

Upvote 0
TIME SHEET

I just realized that I have some sort of error on a time sheet. The formula that I am using is:

=INT((D32-D31)/100)+ROUND(MOD(D32-D31,100)/60,1)+IF(D31>D32,24,0

1835 (D31)
(D32 is blank)

This is obviously based on a 24 hour clock, with the blank being midnight. The formula gives me 6.1 as a total time, and it should be 5.4. Can someone help please?

Peggy

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
81jamesacct

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back