Time stamps below the cell with entered text

Bond00

Board Regular
For now i have 2 spots that have a time stamp when text is entered/changed C19 changes text C20 is date stamp, same with C30 and C31 getting date stamp.

C19 pulls its cell value from another place and updates (to the same value) every time the document is opened so i don't want that to change the date stamp in C20. I only want it to give a date stamp when it changes text or number values to something different than it was previously. E.g. from being black to HT098 or from HT098 to HT099 but if it stays and refreshes to HT099 from then on, don't change time stamp.

Note: that value in C19 is pulled from the beginning part of the file name so it will always stay the same typically, but that is why it is updated every-time the doc opens, because its triggered to fill that cell with that info with a formula.

Excel Facts

How to fill five years of quarters?
Type 1Q-2023 in a cell. Grab the fill handle and drag down or right. After 4Q-2023, Excel will jump to 1Q-2024. Dash can be any character.
*Bump*

To simplify what i'm asking for..

C19 has a formula in it that pulls part of the file name into it when the doc opens. I have a little loop formula in C20 so then get a time/date stamp when C19 doesnt = "", but i would like to use vba to do it because I have to turn on that "enable interative calculation" on any PC that uses it.

I also have another spot where something is entered in C30 and a time stamp is entered i C31 (using the same loop formula right now for that)

Upvote 0
Keep in mind the way I want the date stamp to work for C20 is If C19 doesnt = "" or changes from what it equaled before then update time stamp in C20. Its a formula that pulls the file name into C19 so it updates the instant the file is opened.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
test111

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back