Time to appear as edit

MARK858

MrExcel MVP
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Mobile
Just a quick question but does anyone know the time difference it takes for it to appear as an Edit on a post. The other day I made a post, realised that I made a mistake, went back in and edited it but it never showed that an edit had been made.

I have just tried it in the Test here forum and on my first post where I left it over 5 minutes between the posting and the edit then I see the usual Last edited: ?? minutes ago on the post but on the 2nd post where I posted it then went straight in and edited the post I don't get the Edited message.

Does anyone know if it posts below 1 minute that don't give the message or is it another time period?

I don't know the answer for sure, but I think it might be 5 minutes?

Thanks Peter, I'll do some testing at the weekend and see if I can work it out if no-one is sure.

Can't see that it matters so I guess it is just out of interest that you want to know?

Not a biggy but where I had made the post I received a reply from the OP a couple of minutes later and whether they had seen the edit or not affected how to interpret their response but didn't have an edit time to go on.
Easily solved by asking the OP and happens so rarely it isn't worth considering altering anything. I just need to test so I have some idea in the future (I was more concerned to start with that the edit message didn't show at all then I saw someone else's post where it was showing so realised that it was just a timing issue).

Deleted, will test later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flashbond

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back