Time Wheel Chart

geospatial

Trying to find the best way to create a time wheel chart where data is plotted as points by day of the month and hour of the day. The circular area would be a 24 hour period so each pie would be one hour. The divisions going from center of circle out to the outer edge would be 31 days. I have not found a good way to do this yet.

Would appreciate any help.

Excel Facts

How to calculate loan payments in Excel?
Use the PMT function: =PMT(5%/12,60,-25000) is for a $25,000 loan, 5% annual interest, 60 month loan.
I have, but it did not give me the results I was looking for.

I have an example image on my computer, but I cannot attach it here.

Upvote 0
I was thinking of something like the Filled Doughnut from Andy Pope, but with all 24 slices with the same value across all 31 series.

Pie charts

Upvote 0
Thanks.

I will have to look later. That site is blocked from government computers. Ill respond tonight. From doing research the closest I found from things I can get to at work is a W.D. Gann wheel chart or "wheel in a wheel".

Upvote 0
Ok.

I must say it's a curious layout for the data.

I'd say that it seems much simpler a rectangular grid 24x31 (doesn't even need to be a chart), but you must have your reasons.

Upvote 0
Its a major part of pattern analysis which helps to identify groups of patterns. Its the one chart that is briefed for use in all government intelligence schools, but without all the specialized software that builds it for you, its almost impossible to build out. The one way I have found is to make a column that breaks down 31 days by minutes and then in another column putting a 1 there to get it to display.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SarahSomethingExcel100

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back