TImeline Template suddenly has errors but didn't the day before

arh16

Perhaps you can help me solve this issue. I created a timeline using Excel template called "Timelines with milestones (yellow)" please view below

636496d1565340425-mystery-of-the-glitchy-excel-timeline-template-screen-shot-2019-08-09-at-10.42.28.png

Everything went smoothly, bounds were adjusted, data was entered and it worked intuitively. I even gave a presentation to my boss and showed him that I could adjust the timeline by simply changing a date or position.

Several days later I decide to use the same template to create a new chart. That's where the problems begin. First, I changed the bounds THEN when I followed by changing the dates, everything was all messed up. All the data shifted down the axis every time I changed a date. It was working fine a week ago, and now it's all haywire.

I even went back to the original document where I had just done a presentation a week earlier and it had worked. It was doing the same on that one as well! I restarted the computer, but same issue. What the heck? Why is this suddenly happening? Now I can't even use the template at all. It seems that it's somehow connected to changing of the bounds, is my guess. Halp =/

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
Welcome to the forum.

Please take a minute to read the forum rules, especially as regards cross-posting, and then provide the relevant links here. Thanks.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hengshankouniuniu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back