Timestamp - MM/DD Swap

Sartosvrenht

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Hey People,

I hope that everyone is doing great!

Would someone be able to help me a bit with this as well as send me some videos so that I may understand how to do this on my own.

So, the problem that I am having is that my Excel Table is inputting dates on the below mentioned format, though the formula on each specific cell is written as (example: 07-10-2021 23:01:04). Is there a formula I can use so that the cell displays as "10-07-2021 23:01:04" instead?

I searched the forum, though I was unable to find any answers!

Thanks in advance!

1625988654017.png
1625988841387.png

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college
It looks like you are using Power Query.
1) What is your own region setting for date, is it dd-mm-yyyy ?
2) Where are you getting the data from ?

There are 2 places you can change it in Power Query
Option 1) On a column basis.
Click on the data type icon in the column heading and and select Using Locale at the bottom.
in the next screen select Date as the data type and where the file originated (but US should work based on the format)
1625989785112.png

Option 2) Change the PQ region setting
File > Options and Setting > Query Options > Regional Settings > Change to Locale (source of data) but US should work.
Note: this will impact all Queries in that workbook.

Upvote 0
The data is being imported from a Google Sheets document. Basically, I have the file I made in Excel 2019 and the information from the Timestamp is from a Google Check In Form that users use to check in to their Shifts. I copy the information imported from the Form to Google Sheets in my Excel file. As far as I know, I did not use Power Query. Would you mind explaining in more details?

As far as the region goes, I am not sure what the Form itself is set as, as it has a drop-down menu to select the Date of input.

Upvote 0
Your screen shot showed "Get & Transform Data" from which I assumed you used Power Query.
What parts are under your control ?
  • Google Sheets
    What is the Region / Locale setting here and can you change it, are the users in your region ?
    How to Change the Default Date Format in Google Sheets.
  • The data is being imported from a Google Sheets document
    Imported from where to where and using what tools (is it Power Query)
  • I copy the information imported from the Form to Google Sheets in my Excel file.
    Probably because I am not well acquainted with the Google docs environment I am unclear on the data flow here.
    I would have thought the From might populate a Google sheet and you somehow get the data from there.
    (probably overlaps 2 above)

Upvote 0
Solution
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelquestion515

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back