Timestamp with VBA when pasting new data into cells

rgs694

Hi All,
I've been searching online for this solution for a while, and while there are a lot of discussions out there, none of them seem to fit exactly what I'm trying to do. I'm an Excel 2010 user, and have only used VBA for the most basic functions (ie, I copy and paste VBA language!).

I'm looking to insert a timestamp in a single cell when new data is pasted into another cell. All the other solutions I've found on the web use column references and offsets. Since I don't know how to write VBA, I can'te adjust the language in the other solutions to use a cell reference instead, and so I'm looking for the most basic structure of this function. As long as the VBA is set up for single cells, I can paste in the formula into VBA and simply change the cell references if need be. In addition, some of the other solutions I've found didn't work when new data was pasted-value over the target cell, only when I manually typed new data into the target cell.

Ex:
Each week I will paste-value new data into A1:D4, and would like G1 to automatically update with a time-stamp. It's okay to reference a single cell from the A1:D4 range, C1 in the illustration below, because that column is guaranteed to have numbers that will change each week.

How do I set up VBA to accomplish this? Thank you, -Rich

A
B
C
D
E
F
G
#
#
#
#
3 Feb 2:15:35
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#

<tbody>
</tbody>

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DW Draft

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back