TimeValue in Macro linked to cell in worksheet

armchairandy

Board Regular
Hi

I have the below progress bar which goes from 10% to 100% changing every 2 seconds and runs in the status bar. This works fine..

I run 12 main macros that need the progress bar to run and each macro will have a variable amount of records to process, and changes each time I use the worksheet. I know how many records the macros can process each 60 seconds so I can work out the overall run time approximately (and divide by ten for each segment). This can be added to a sheet in the workbook, for each individual macro as I will know how many records are to be processed before I run each macro automatically.

But I would like to add a couple of tweaks:

1. How do I run this at the same time as "Macro #1 "
2. How do I change the colour - at the moment its dark blue and a lighter colour would stand out better- Green, Red or Orange maybe?.
3. Can I add an approximate time remaining to the progress bar in the status area ie after the text?.
Most importantly....
4. How do I link the TimeValue("00:00:02") to a cell, so the macro takes the new time from the updated formula in the worksheet?. This would be the same value 10 times.

Any help would be really appreciated

Andrew

Sub ShowProgress()
' make StatusBar visible

Application.DisplayStatusBar = True
'First Segment
Application.StatusBar = String(1, ChrW(9609)) & "Macro #1 Missing Links: 10% Complete....."
Application.Wait Now + TimeValue("00:00:02")
'Second Segment
Application.StatusBar = String(2, ChrW(9609)) & "Macro #1 Missing Links: 20% Complete....."
'Third Segment
Application.StatusBar = String(3, ChrW(9609)) & "Macro #1 Missing Links: 30% Complete....."
'Fourth Segment
Application.StatusBar = String(4, ChrW(9609)) & "Macro #1 Missing Links: 40% Complete....."
'Fifth Segment
Application.StatusBar = String(5, ChrW(9609)) & "Macro #1 Missing Links: 50% Complete....."
'Sixth Segment
Application.StatusBar = String(6, ChrW(9609)) & "Macro #1 Missing Links: 60% Complete....."
'Seventh Segment
Application.StatusBar = String(7, ChrW(9609)) & "Macro #1 Missing Links: 70% Complete....."
'Eighth Segment
Application.StatusBar = String(8, ChrW(9609)) & "Macro #1 Missing Links: 80% Complete....."
'Ninth Segment
Application.StatusBar = String(9, ChrW(9609)) & "Macro #1 Missing Links: 90% Complete....."
'Tenth Segment
Application.StatusBar = String(10, ChrW(9609)) & "Macro #1 Missing Links: 100% Complete"

'Relinquish the StatusBar
Application.StatusBar = False
End Sub

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greyangel23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back