to copy data from sales receipt worksheet onto next column of sales summary worksheet

Zowieerog

:( Hello. I am trying to copy data from a 'sales receipt' worksheet onto the next available column of my 'sales summary' worksheet, then close both while saving the 'sales receipt' worksheet changes into a specified folder ("C:\My Documents\Sales Receipts") as a new file named by the value in I6 (so I have a copy of their receipt), while saving the 'summary worksheet' changes over the top of itself in its present workbook. The data I am trying to save onto the 'summary worksheet' is the item number, quantity, and date of sale.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
The 'sales receipt' worksheet resembles a form where I can enter the item number into Column A (rows 9-22 are available for products they buy), and the quantity bought into column B (also rows 9-22). <o:p></o:p>
The 'sale summary' worksheet has the item numbers in column A from rows 8 through 1586, more may be added later. Column B is a description of the product (using the Index formula) of the item number in column A. My data that Index refers to is on a 3rd worksheet named 'inventory'. Column C of my 'sale summary' worksheet is a total of all the columns added after it (so I know the total sold of each item in that row). This total sold from column C then is plugged into my 'inventory' worksheet so I can subtract it from my total available product to come up with a running inventory. The columns in my 'sales summary' worksheet for successive sale receipts would be from column D on.<o:p></o:p>
I've been working on this crazy thing for 2 months, and have nothing to show for it. I'm way too embarrassed to post my efforts, NOTHING works for me. I know there's probably a relatively short way of coding this, but my last effort resulted was 237 lines long and errors at every sub part (i had 6 sub parts) - nothing worked or was even close. grrrrrr. Can anyone please help me. I know you like having my efforts, but it needs a 'clean reboot' of script! Mine is a total mess. Thank you so so very much in advance, I am at such a total loss here! Thanks.<o:p></o:p>

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrauni

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back