Too Many Userforms

lakefishing123

I have a HUGE problem and hope someone will have the answer to this. I am trying to create a program to organize employee stations at my work. Here's what I've got. I've created a map of our work (there are over a hundred work stations and we move people around to different stations every few months). I've created a userform that will ask to input the employee's ID than it will copy that ID to a specific cell that has that seat number listed on that row (example, the ID will go to C1, used Vlookup to find the ID from another sheet to automatically copy that employee's name, supervisor, etc to that row that has the seat number). Is there anyway of creating a generic userform that will copy the ID (that I input into the text input box) to the active cell that I clicked on to bring up the userform? Or, if I want the text box to go to a specific cell, do I have to create a userform for each work station?

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
I don't see why you would need multiple userforms for this, or why you think you would.:)

You could easily use ActiveCell to place a value in a cell.

Specifying other cells might be more difficult, it really depends exactly what you want to do.

Upvote 0
Too many formulas

Sorry for my lack of knowledge but how do I have the userform recognize the active cell to send the text input to a specific cell on a different spreadsheet according to that activecell's name?
Maybe I'm making this a lot more difficult than it needs to be. Here is what I mean (hopefully it'll make sense).

I'll have a sheet called "Employee Information", a sheet called "Transfer" and a map I created on another excel spreadsheet where I want to be able to click on the cells (according to seat number) and have a userform pull up where I will type in the an employee ID. After I click save on the userform, I need it to paste their user ID to a specific cell on the "Employee Information" & "Transfer" sheets but to specific cells that I named "seat 1" or "seat 2", etc. (but have over 200 seats in there). This way it will show (with VLookup) their ID, Name, Sup info, etc in order by seat number. So if I typed in Seat 1 on B2, the ID that I typed in on the userform for that specific seat will copy their ID to A2 (so they will be on the same row with each other). If there is a formula for this (you've mentioned ActiveCell), can you tell how? --- thanks for your help and quick response ---

[/img]

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheRealJoaquin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back