Toolbar in MDE

leibale

I Customized a Toolbar and attached it to a form using the form.toolbar property.
I also, defined the first form to load,
Now if I open the MDE file using the Access 2003, the toolbar appear when the form is activated. if I open the same MDE file, in the same computer, using RUNTIME 2007, the toolbar do not appear.
How I can fix this problem?

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
if I open the same MDE file, in the same computer, using RUNTIME 2007, the toolbar do not appear.
How I can fix this problem?
The toolbar should appear under the ADD-INS tab on the Ribbon in Access 2007. So, you may need to add the Ribbon with the Add-ins tab on it for use in 2007.

Upvote 0
The toolbar should appear under the ADD-INS tab on the Ribbon in Access 2007. So, you may need to add the Ribbon with the Add-ins tab on it for use in 2007.

The Access file was created as access 2000 with access 2003. Then this Test.MDB file was taken by me to another computer. In the second computer I have Access 2003 and also RunTime of access 2007
After doing what I need to do to convert the file to MDE file, I see that opening the file with Access 2003, show me the toolbar. Opening it with the Runtime, Does not show it to me
About the ADD-INS tab, it is empty with Access 2003, and of course I cannot see it in the Runtime 2007. The toolbar is within the MDE file because I can see it if I open the MDE with access 2003.
How can I sent an application to someone that has only the runtime, and I want him to use this customized toolbar?

Upvote 0
Does it mean, that I have to use Access 2007 to open the MDB (2003) file, than, to define the ADD-IN to recognize the toolbar, and only then convert to MDE ?

Upvote 0
Does it mean, that I have to use Access 2007 to open the MDB (2003) file, than, to define the ADD-IN to recognize the toolbar, and only then convert to MDE ?

No, what I mean is that you may have to open the mdb in Access 2007 in order to create a custom ribbon which contains the Add-In Button and then assign that new ribbon as the default so that the runtime (which runs without any ribbons if you don't assign one), would have the ability to get to your toolbar item.

If you are going to use the Access 2007 Runtime then you need to set it up with Access 2007 unless you can do without any toolbars.

Upvote 0
Thank you Bob,
So, because the application is created with Access 2003, and I do not have Access 2007, The application will be without toolbar. I told the user to install Runtime 2007, because he can get it free from Microsoft Site. Until now every thing was OK except of the toolbar problem

Upvote 0
You could give him a right-click menu to do the same thing and that WOULD work with the runtime if you assign the custom shortcut menu to the form.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ED38

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back