Tools menu

Fwiz

Board Regular
on the tools menu - is it possible to lock the options table to prevent changes?? if so how would i do this? - I Assume VBA??

Excel Facts

Create a Pivot Table on a Map
If your data has zip codes, postal codes, or city names, select the data and use Insert, 3D Map. (Found to right of chart icons).
One option is to remove this entry from the menu... using VBA. Though the user would still be to add a button to a toolbar to get to Options by using the Tollbar Customization Wizard. It's possible to make that unavailable. Of course, you'd probably want to restore all of that when your program ends. And depending upon how your application is set up, the user may be skeptical of a file that locks them out like that...

Upvote 0
to be honest the users don't exactly know excel very well they end up doing allsorts that they don't understand, all i need to do is prevent access to the options command within the tools menu. - ideally i need this from set up from when the workbook is opened and when its closed it will revert the toolbars back to their normal settings. i still fairly new to vba - any help would be appreciated

many thanks

Upvote 0
to be honest the users don't exactly know excel very well they end up doing allsorts that they don't understand, all i need to do is prevent access to the options command within the tools menu. - ideally i need this from set up from when the workbook is opened and when its closed it will revert the toolbars back to their normal settings. i still fairly new to vba - any help would be appreciated

many thanks

Upvote 0

many thanks

Upvote 0
all sorted, i've managed to find a way.......

here is my vba code - just incase anyone else is interested

Sub MenuControl_False()
Dim Ctrl As Office.CommandBarControl
For Each Ctrl In Application.CommandBars.FindControls(ID:=522)
Ctrl.Enabled = False
Next Ctrl
End Sub

Sub MenuControl_True()
Dim Ctrl As Office.CommandBarControl
For Each Ctrl In Application.CommandBars.FindControls(ID:=522)
Ctrl.Enabled = True
Next Ctrl
End Sub

thanks

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EmmeEnne1979

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back