TopN Dax Formula in Power Pivot

Excelmeister

Hi all,

In PowerPivot I have a table with a list of product ID's in one column and total sales for each product in the next column. I am trying to figure out how to use that information to easily create a slicer in my Pivot Table that I can click to show the top five selling items. Please let me know the easiest way possible. Thanks.

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
Sorry, I am completely not understanding what you are asking. I am going to guess that your pivot table is ... product id's on rows and sum(sales) in values, and you apparently want to show just the Top N, but... what is in the slicer!?

Upvote 0
Yes, I have product IDs in my rows and sum of sales in my values. What I am trying to figure out is how to create a slicer using the variable TOP to slice my data into the top selling items. So in the slicer you click on five and it gives you the top five selling items. Likewise, you click on ten and it gives you the top ten selling items and so on and so forth. I would like to create this using a DAX TopN formula in my measures because I have seen it done on some blog sites but I just can't figure out how to get it work with my dataset.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdusw

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back