Total Frustration with Requiring Cell Entry

jwasten

Board Regular
Yesterday I asked about how to require an entry be made in 2 cells if a different cell was populated. The link which displays what was suggested (thanks NateO) and what I typed is as follows -
http://216.92.17.166/board/viewtopic.php?topic=24534&forum=9&0

This worked great - but only once. After that, no matter what, I didn't get a message. If I delete everything entirely and re-type it (copying it back in doesn't seem to work)it works one more time.

The worksheet (Contractor Evaluation) that is to require the cell entries gets much of its information from Sheet 2 which is refreshed from an ODBC database. I don't know if that is a factor or not.

If there is a way to make this work more than once, please advise me. I've tried a number of things but I guess it's beyond my knowlege.

Thanks.

Janet

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.
Can you please provide a little more info...are you saying that D5 is populated by a formula linked to Sheet2, or with VBA, or always manually entered? It might not make a difference, but any additional info might help.

Upvote 0
Cell D5 in the Contractor Evaluation Sheet is populated from a drop down list and those choices in the drop down list come from Cells L3:L12 in Sheet 2.

When Sheet 2 is refreshed, it requests a contract ID and then brings in all pertinent data from an external database. Many cells in the Contractor Evaluation sheet are populated automatically based on what is in certain cells in Sheet 2. For instance Cell C2 in the Contractor Evaluation Sheet is automatically populated by the use of "Sheet2!$B$2.

Hope this helps a bit.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arle8907

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back