total to large show discrepancy

Glenjamin

Hi,

this is my first post and would appreciate any help i can get. this is probably a simple task to the excel educated mind but i'm struggling to make it work.

so...

I am working on a new CMM report spreadsheet. I have Tolerance (E53), Bonos (F53), True position (G53) and OOT (H53). What I am looking to do is have the OOT cell show the discrepancy if true position is larger than tolerance + bonos, otherwise OOT just remains at 0.

hope this explains the problem well enough and again any help would be great

thanks in advance

Glen.

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney

Arithos

Hi,

this is my first post and would appreciate any help i can get. this is probably a simple task to the excel educated mind but i'm struggling to make it work.

so...

I am working on a new CMM report spreadsheet. I have Tolerance (E53), Bonos (F53), True position (G53) and OOT (H53). What I am looking to do is have the OOT cell show the discrepancy if true position is larger than tolerance + bonos, otherwise OOT just remains at 0.

hope this explains the problem well enough and again any help would be great

thanks in advance

Glen.

Hi, and welcome :)

I think this is what you want

=IF(G53>(E53+F53),G53-(F53+E53),0)

Glenjamin

thanks very much folks for your swift responses. Nice easy one to start your day by the looks of things works perfect. Im a designer by trade just starting to learn excel. I almost had it correct but not quite.

thanks again..

Glen.

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nbkqsj7

This Week's Hot Topics