Totally lost - Greenhorn question --> filling cells

roth_georg

Totally lost - Greenhorn question </SPAN></SPAN>à</SPAN></SPAN> filling cells</SPAN></SPAN></SPAN>

Hi all</SPAN></SPAN>

I guess I have a real greenhorn question but I did not manage to get this done with regular formulas and I’m not used to macros. I hope you can help.</SPAN></SPAN>

The problem is pretty good described in the picture below.</SPAN></SPAN>

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos?tab=wq#photos/107223412229072028623/albums/posts

I want to move the values in B3 and C3 to every line where I have value = 1in column A. I can do that quite easily for one block with if (A4=1,B$3). But this does not work for rows after row 11. Here I would need now if (A4=1,B$10). I would need something like if cell value in column A = 2 or T do not consider values above. And so on and so…</SPAN></SPAN>
I guess this needs a bit of macro. Any idea??</SPAN></SPAN>

Thanks a lot for your help.</SPAN></SPAN>
Georg</SPAN></SPAN>

I really would like to provide you the example but I have not found out how I can share a sampe excel file. Maybe you can help?
You can post small screen shots directly in your post as TheCman81 and I have done. See my signature block for how to do it. A small representative sample is usually better than a large actual file anyway.

SOLVED!!!! Wrong settings!! I have replaced "," with ";"?
Yes, that can vary with different language/regional versions of Excel. You will always need to keep that in mind in the forum as the majority of users here will use a "," where you may need a ";"

I will check correctness!!
It will be good to know if the simple formula does what you want, and if not, further sample data and expected results.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back