TOTALYTD Dax measure not counting properly

STEVEMILLS04

Board Regular
I have a date table that is standard. In my data table I have a list of 'ClosedDates' that does include blanks (maybe this is the issue?). When I filter this table manually I get the results I expect, a count of 380 rows. However, my measure is only calculating 363 rows. I went through the data and cannot determine any root cause of why this is happening (such as a specific date with 17 rows). The funny thing is, the 'ClosedDates' has 10 blank rows, 7 have a start date in 2019 but no closeddate. The sum is 17 but can this really be related? I figured its unlikely but honestly have no clue what is happening.

My slicer is a timeline with the month selection. So I select February and want totals for 2019 through end of February. I have the same formula but counting the start date column and it works perfectly. (It is a IT ticket report that calculates the number of tickets opened and closed in a period)

My measure:
Code:
TOTALYTD(COUNTA(Query1[CloseDateRelate]),CalendarTable[Date])

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.
I figured out the issue and knew it would be a "duh" moment, as it usually is. I have two relationships between 'CalendarTable[Date]' and the Query1 table. The active one IS NOT with [CloseDateRelate], it is with [StartDateRelate], so I just need to build in a USERELATIONSHIP function and it works now.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back