tough conditional summing?

farnuckl

Board Regular
i have a sheet where i am tracking data. the first column is the date and has job volumes in it. the next column is the hold column: if the job isn't done i put an "x" for that job and it is not summed in the date column(using sumif). next to that i have the completed column. here i put the date the job is completed. so there is three columns for each work day in the month.

i would like to have the corresponding job volume be summed into the total for the date specified in the completed column.

i wouldn't mind being able to combine the hold and completed columns if possible.

i have no VBA experience but wouldn't mind an excuse to learn if necessary.
anything to even get me in the right direction would be appreciated.

thanks.

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.
i get runtime error 1004
application defined or object defined error.

i dont think it likes my stuff...?

Upvote 0
i can use sumif to get the numbers but its only simple for the first day or two. i have to check each previous day all the way back to the first to see if any hold jobs were finished and need to be added into the total for the current day. so thats a sumif line for each day before the column date. by the 30th, thats 29 sumifs!

Upvote 0
download colo's html maker (sdee link below this post) & use it to post up a relevant snapshot of your data, then using the data give us a detailed example of what you're trying to achieve.

Upvote 0
arrrggghh. html maker doesn't work. i get "complie error can't find project or library."

Upvote 0
job............1/2/04...... hold..........finish........ 1/3/04...... hold.........finish
a.............. 107.......................................... 2....................................
b.............. 75............ x.............. 1/3..........198................................
c...............45............................................ 3....................................
d.............. 120...........................................8...................................
e.............. 2.............................................. 9....................................
total......... 274..........................................262.................................
hold jobs....................1............................. ..................0..................

i know this i pretty poor but...

example: job b was held and not included in the total for 1/2. it was finished on 1/3 so i want to include the 75 in the total for 1/3. i need to account for all dates for the month (eg the 30th total needs to include a job from 1/2 that was finished on the 30th.

hope this helps. thanks for the attention.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back