Tracking Change on the Formula Bar

amit700

Hey Guys

I was having some troubles with my excel coding. Let me brief you on my excel workbook first

1. I have a cell in which a value is inputted by the user, cell A5
2. Cell A6 has the formula "=200+300"

The problem
1. If i enter a number in cell A5, this number should be put directly in the formula bar of cell A6

for example: on entering 10 in cell A5, formula bar for cell A6 should become ="200+300+10"

then if i just keep changing the number in cell A5, it should be reflected in the above manner in cell A6. So now inputting 20 in cell A5, cell A6 should show me = "200+300+10+20"

and so on.

The idea is that i want to track the changes i am making to that particular cell over a number of days.

Is there a way by using VBA codes to achieve this?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result

Domski

Maybe try this:

Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
If Target.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub
If Target <> Range("A5") Then Exit Sub
Range("A6").Formula = Range("A6").Formula & "+" & Range("A5").Value
End Sub
Right click on the worksheet tab and select View Code and paste the above.

Dom

Subscribe on YouTube

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lorid24

This Week's Hot Topics

• Sort code advice please
    Hi, I have the code below which im trying to edit but getting a little stuck. This was the original code which worked fine,columns A-F would sort...
  • SUMPRODUCT with nested If statement
    Hi everyone, Hope you're all well. I'm hoping someone will be able to point me in the right direction with a problem I'm having with a SUMPRODUCT...
  • VBA - simple sort is killing me!
    Hello all! This should be so easy, but not for me, apparently! I have a table of data that can be of varying lengths and widths. My current macro...
  • Compare Two Lists
    I have two Lists and I need to be able to Identify differences between them. List 100 comes from a workbook - the other is downloaded form the...
  • Formula that deducts points for each code I input.
    I am trying to create a formula that will have each student in my class start at 100 points and then for each code that I enter (PP for Poor...
  • Conditional formatting formula required for day of week and a value
    Hi, I have a really simple spreadsheet where column A is the date, column B is the activity total shown as a number and column C states the day of...