Tracking Down Formula Errors

MikeG

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a very large workbook that I have inherited that has 40 sheets and many formulas, charts, and range names.

Every now and then as I move around the workbook, I get the message box that pops up to say:

"A formula in this worksheet contains one or more invalid references"

Does anyone know if there is a direct way to find out which formulas are triggering this? The only thing I can think of to do at the moment is to start deleting sheets to find the culprit sheet(s) and then delete things within the sheet(s). this could take a long time.

Also, I am pretty sure that even though the message says "in this worksheet", it can in fact pop up when you are working on a sheet that does not have any bad formulas. (Because I have had it pop up when I have been using very small simple sheets that I am 99% sure aren't causing any issues.) Can anyone confirm this.

thanks,

Mike

Excel Facts

Will the fill handle fill 1, 2, 3?
Yes! Type 1 in a cell. Hold down Ctrl while you drag the fill handle.
What happens in such a sheet when you click on Formulas | Formula Auditing | Error checking?

Upvote 0
I have a growing MS ACCESS Database Application - with multiple projects which is tied to multiple reports. Every time a project is updated I would like a copy of the report sent automatically as a PDF to a desired location on the internet where each project resides. Is that doable?

Upvote 0
Please post your question in a new thread. What you ask is off topic here.

Upvote 0
What happens in such a sheet when you click on Formulas | Formula Auditing | Error checking?

Thanks - I tracked my error down to a chart. But it was useful to follow you suggestion anyway.

Mike

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharmarick

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back