Tracking down #value error in Sumproduct result

JAlbers

Board Regular
Greetings all!

I am working on a dynamic reference for our accountant to allow him to get cost data on different items being produced. I have a database that has production data entered for each day and I am trying to pull the data for various time frames based on a =NOW() value in A1.

I am using the SUMPRODUCT function as the file with the data may or may not be open when the lookup is performed, and this is the formula I am having some difficulty with:
Code:
=SUMPRODUCT(--('Production Analysis v2.00.xlsm'!FG_Number=D5)*--(MONTH('Production Analysis v2.00.xlsm'!FillDate)=(MONTH(A1)))*--('Production Analysis v2.00.xlsm'!Completed)))

I don't have any problem with the FG_Number, but the FillDate seems to be throwing a #VALUE error. I don't know how to track that down to fix any bad data. The data all looks correct, but either I wrote the formula wrong or there is bad data hiding in the range.

I would appreciate any help.

Jake

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result
Thanks, I think that may be the problem. The named range is the entire column including the header.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DET4492

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back