tracking file update date and time

midframe

Hi,
I am involved with a totally voluntary organisation that rosters drivers to pick-up cancer patients for treatment from a country location to the primary treatment facilities in the city. The task is becoming quite time-consuming for a rostering officer as the demands for the task are ever increasing.

The whole rostering process of booking patients, managing drivers' availability, logging incoming and outgoing phone calls, building rosters and storing all of this information to produce reports for the management committee to survey is confined to one Excel workbook. there is a need to interact the workbook with Outlook, MSWord on a regular basis - Outlook for managing information to members of the organisation and MSWord from which patient information is gathered.

In an effort to try to establish an idea of how much time is actually spent interfacing between applications during the course of a rostering session I was seeking the possibility of some sort of an "automated" process that could update the users time spend modifying any working files used in the process of producing a roster on a daily basis.

I did have a look at the Event Manager in MMC but either I am misunderstanding the purpose of this information base (this being most likely the case) or it doesn't actually handle this approach.

Essentially, any of the applications that are called upon need to have a date/time stamp reflecting editing/modification of a files they generate. I thought of adding a worksheet to the workbook to do this manually and realised that is really only creating more work to measure work load - a bit of an oxy-moron in a sense.

Sorry about the long windedness of the question. However, I am hoping there might just be a "relatively" simple approach known to members of Mr Excel. I thank whomever that might be in anticipation.

Regards,

midframe

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.
Hi. It seems that I may have managed to get some understanding of the journal feature in Outlook. At least I am getting some results from which I believe I can make some conclusions.

midframe

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back