Tracking Holiday Across Multiple Weeks

hairdyeginger

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi all,

I'm trying to produce a report which tracks the holidays of individuals per week and flagging if they have more than 3 days holiday booked in the week. i.e. if they have 15/05, 16/05, 17/05 all booked off it will flag that they have 3 days booked off in W/C 15/05.

The data points I have for this are the inividual's details, the start date of the holiday, the end date and the duration in days.

The issue I'm running into is how to flag an individual who has more than 3 days holiday in multiple weeks - i.e. they started their 10 day holiday on 15/05 so they have the 7 days in W/C 15/05 and 3 in W/C 22/05.

I'm currently using a pivot table to group the dates in weeks based off of holiday start dates as I believe this is easiest for the target audience who this report will be going to - I'm sure I'm missing something super obvious or going about this in the wrong way - all help would be gladly received.

Thanks!

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().
An example of what I mean, here employee 53748 has 11 days holiday starting between 22/05/2022 - 28/05/2022 - and this has marked the more than 3 days in that period but hasn't marked the 3 days holiday which will be between 29/05/22 - 04/06/22.

Attachments

• Holiday Example.png
    Holiday Example.png
    6.6 KB · Views: 6
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava19

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back