Trailing stoplosses

abhid

Board Regular
Can anyone teach me how to do Trailing Stop losses in Excel for investments.
So when the price goes up the stop loss automatically adjusts upwards but if it falls then the trailing stop loss does not adjust down..

thanks so much

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
abhid, I really don't intend to be rude but I know you might see the following as being that. Just please be assured, we ARE here to help with Excel sytnax. However, though we are we're here to help you with understanding excel, we are not here to help with understanding math or financial calculations. If you want to propose a calculation that you need help converting to an Excel formula, by all means, please post that.

Upvote 0
Seems like a waste of time sending me that note...
I am just looking for the actual sytax.
I tried doing it in excel..but am missing the conceptualization of a trailing stoploss.
I have to build a file for work that allows an analyst to determine a certain price that he should execute his trade if the trade falls and if the trade goes up then the trailing loss goes up with it and he does not need to execute..
If you dont know how to do it..then dont reply..but I have been on this board before and gotten some good feedback..and have created some amazing spreadsheets..

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back