Transfer excel data into invoice template

mza3025

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. MacOS
Hello im new here but I am wondering if anyone can help me or put me in the direction of my query?

I am trying to catch up on my invoicing for my business incoming transactions. I have formatted the raw data into columns and would like a way to automatically import the name date and figures across to my invoice template to save, rather than have to manually find the data and fill it in.

is this something that can be done?

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney
IMO the easiest way would be to use the MailMerge tool from MSWord linked to your Excel data.
One of many sites https://www.gmass.co/blog/mail-merge/
If you search for good info, look for the name Charles Kenyon or Macropod ( username) ( as they are mostly active on another forum I don't know if I'm allowed to post links here)

Upvote 0
is this something that can be done?
hi,
welcome to forum

Its perfectly possible to return a row of data from one Tab to a template in another tab using VBA

If you could share copy of your template using MrExcel Addin :XL2BB - Excel Range to BBCode or better still, place copy of your workbook with some dummy data in on a file sharing site like dropbox, makes it a little easier to create some code for your requirment

Dave

Upvote 0
hi,
welcome to forum

Its perfectly possible to return a row of data from one Tab to a template in another tab using VBA

If you could share copy of your template using MrExcel Addin :XL2BB - Excel Range to BBCode or better still, place copy of your workbook with some dummy data in on a file sharing site like dropbox, makes it a little easier to create some code for your requirment

Dave
Hello Dave,

thanks for your response, my invoice file is a PDF but to make things easier ive uploaded it as a word document.

invoice file

excel sheet

ultimately what id like is for the following to map across and automate the creation of invoices from the data in the excel sheet to either email to myself or save to my computer

my raw data contains 300 entries so anything beats doing this manually

Upvote 0
I was thinking your template is a worksheet in same workbook but If you want to export records to a word document then follow the link suggested by @arthurbr

Dave

Upvote 0
IMO the easiest way would be to use the MailMerge tool from MSWord linked to your Excel data.
One of many sites How to Mail Merge from MS Word and Excel (Step-by-Step Guide)
If you search for good info, look for the name Charles Kenyon or Macropod ( username) ( as they are mostly active on another forum I don't know if I'm allowed to post links here)
Thank you i will look into this now!
I was thinking your template is a worksheet in same workbook but If you want to export records to a word document then follow the link suggested by @arthurbr

Dave

I tried exporting the invoice template into a worksheet however the formatting doesn’t come out correctly

Upvote 0

Dave

Hello Dave

ive reupoaded my sheet to include my data and invoice in sheet 2

is it possible to automate creation of invoices for my raw data? Ideally to export as a PDF

Upvote 0
Again, MSWord has all the needed functionalities, your database staying in Excel of course

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arbind kumar

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back