Transferring data (client name & treatment) from bookings worksheet to accounts Workbook

B3nj1

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Good Morning,

I have 2 workbooks, the 1st gathers data from my booking app to transfer online bookings, on to the bookings sheet (sheet 1) . Example below (PSB);
(so when a client books in online, this is what auto populates on the Bookings workbook Sheet 1)

1618824034326.png

These are then arranged in chronological order on sheet 2 of the bookings workbook, PSB
(I have then rearranged the above in to 'day' order, with treatment Bookings workbook Sheet 2)

1618825744486.png

I have an accounts workbook, that has a separate sheet for each week of the year, PSB
(example of 1 sheet within the Accounts Workbook where there is a separate sheet for every week)

1618825938892.png

What I would like, is a way that the Accounts workbook auto populates with the data from the Bookings workbook sheet 2.
Currently the only way I can think to do it is by referring every cell on the accounts workbook, to the cells on the bookings work book. I have a whole year to do so this would be very time consuming.

any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.
Hi B3nj1, welcome to the MrExcel forum.

As a quick thought, I would consider changing the way you are arranging your data in your Bookings workbook sheet 2. You may want to use just three headings: Date | Client | Treatment. Every row of data should be unique, either a different Client, different Date or different Treatment.

Once you have your data arranged like that it will be much easier to "Slice & Dice" the data to however you want it to appear on another sheet.

I hope this helps.

Upvote 0
Thank you for your reply,

I am more than happy to rearrange the bookings worksheet 2 into the best/ easiest arrangement. Once I have made the edits you suggest, is there an easier way of transferring this data to the accounts workbook/ worksheets?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lancelots

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back