Tree View Control - how to get started?

gbsmeco

Hi
I've been reading bits and pieces about tree view controls and it looks like they could be very useful to me in all sorts of files but I got 'lost'

I think I have understood how the corresponding table needs to be structured, with parent ID etc but... I just don't see how I get started in order to create a tree view control

do I need to download an add-in? if so, where can I find it? and how do I connect code to my table? can I copy previously used code or do I need to rewrite it all?

thanks in advance
GBSmeco

Excel Facts

When they said...
When they said you are going to "Excel at life", they meant you "will be doing Excel your whole life".
ok thanks - I hadn't realized I needed to add a new type of control! i'm going through it and I hope everything will be ok
thanks again
gbsmeco

ps shouldn't it be 'life is what...' without 'just'?

Upvote 0
Alright, so I'm starting to use these useful treeviews

however, I haven't managed to find a list of methods/properties - do you know where I can find one?
I've found http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.windows.controls.treeview.setvalue.aspx but it doesn't quite correspond

in this specific case I'd like a method which changes the currently selecteditem
having found that tree.selecteditem.key gives you the currently selected key, I tried tree.SelectedItem.Key = __ but it was just a guess and it didn't work...
any thoughts?
thanks in advance
gbsmeco

Upvote 0
I'm fine (so far) with populating treeviews, I eventually managed to find the property I was looking for (tree1.SelectedItem.Key)
if there's more I need I'll probably ask for help again!
thanks
Giovanni

Upvote 0
Hello

I have just discovered the MS Treeview Control in excel but can't quite figure out how to populate them. How do you populate these with items from a range of cells and how do you specify the parent-child relationship?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back