trend analysis

Joe C

I am doing some sales projections. And one of the basic models I was looking to use is the linear trend analysis.
When I do a chart I can find the pick the linear equation. But I need to do this for quite a few different lines. On over forty different charts. I was hoping to use the function that is used to create the linear trend line. Is that the Linest function or the trend function or another function I can use.

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.
With two variables (one dependent and one independent), consider using either LINEST as an array formula (you have to select two cells, set the third argument of LINEST to TRUE or 1, and enter with CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER to see both the slope and the intercept) or just the SLOPE and INTERCEPT formulas to return the equation in pieces.

Upvote 0
I didn't get the exact results and odly the chart intercept was 200000, where my constant was 233838. Does the chart round for visual purposes.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdusw

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back