Trend Analysis

garfield

I am looking for a trend formula to determine if my data has a trend.

It is time series data of 300 institutions combined into 11 groups spanning 11 years. The trend analysis must be done on the indivudual institutions and each group. The data is in a pivot table by group.

I have tries th etrend function but cannot get it to work. Even the example from Excel itself I am doing wrong.

Thx fro the help, Garfield

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand
hi - welcome to the board!

what trend - that the institutions form 3 clusters with respect to the first letter of their names? that insitutions in a group have a name length that's proportional to the size of the group?

seriously, you'll needd to provide a little more data than that to get any meaningful advice. review the 'posting tips' thread at the top of the baord (and copied below) for info on how to post in a way that maximises the chances of getting decent replies:

http://www.mrexcel.com/board2/viewtopic.php?t=49751

Upvote 0
If you are looking for some time series regressions, you might want to consider a program better suited to the job than XL. It's been an awfully long time since I did any time series work, but you should check with your colleagues / professors / managers as to what software they'd recommend.
garfield said:
I am looking for a trend formula to determine if my data has a trend.

It is time series data of 300 institutions combined into 11 groups spanning 11 years. The trend analysis must be done on the indivudual institutions and each group. The data is in a pivot table by group.

I have tries th etrend function but cannot get it to work. Even the example from Excel itself I am doing wrong.

Thx fro the help, Garfield

Upvote 0
Gentlemen,

PLease excuse my ignorance of proper protocol regarding questions. I will put together a better statement of my problem and the relevant system info and restate my problem better. I am, unfortunately, working in an unknown subject matter area and my knowledge base in spreadsheet analysis is minimal.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Armadillos

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back