Tricky budget sheet code

Sedwards84

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,

I have created a custom budget sheet that we will be using in our organisation and have hit a road block with what I would like it to do next, and hope that someone may be able to offer some help. I have scoured the internet and tried to work this out but my knowledge is limited! Thank you in advance if you can help.

I have a table on the left (I will refer to this as 'Item table') where we will input individual items purchased for the current project.

And a table on the right (I will refer to this as 'balance sheet') which will show a running total / balance sheet for each area of cost.

The 'item table' on the left has a drop down filter to select which cost area each item inputted will be assigned to.

Multiple items will be added to the 'item table' for each cost area at different stages of the project.

I would like to know if it is possible, with formulas, to send the cost (column O) from each item, and add to the 'spent' column (U) for each cost area. Each time a new item is added and an area of cost chosen, the new cost will then be added to that cost area on the balance sheet. Giving a running total of what has been spent in that area.

Second to this I would like to have a macro button at the top of the item table titled 'New Item' that automatically creates a new row underneath the last item inputted on the 'item table'. This new row will have that days date pre-inputted in column G (off screen). This isn't strictly necessary, but would be a nice feature.

Thirdly, I would like to have a macro button titled 'Print Balance' at the top of the 'balance sheet' that automatically prints the pre-selected cells of the balance sheet. This will be used to bring to meetings.

cheers, Sam

1592847055813.png
1592847055813.png

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.
Glad to help & thanks for the feedback.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelquestion515

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back