Tricky Calendar Autofill help!

Special-K

Board Regular
I've scoured Mr. Excel for a scenario similar to mine ... but with no success. I need some guidance on making a calendar autofill certain information ... but each year obviously the calendar is going to change.

Here's a partial image of my spreadsheet (hopefully it turned out). More explanation of what I'm after follows this html code.
TEST HOURLY Vacation.xls
ABCDEFGHIJK
3EmployeeNumber:XXXXXXOctober2006
4StartEndTotal
5 SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
6LV10/2/0610/3/0621234567
7PH10/10/0610/10/060.5LVLV
8HE10/12/0610/12/062Hrs891011121314
9 PHHE
Hesse

Okay ...
In Column A (from row 5 - 93) a person enters a two letter Code: (CO, LV, PD, ED, etc) In Columns B and D a person enters the START and END dates of a vacation.

What I would "LOVE" is for the appropriate cells on the calendar to fill in automatically with the two-letter code that was provided in Column A (next to the dates). Does this make sense? I've given an example with the image (if it turns out) And obviously if the dates are removed, I would need the pre-fills within the calendar to remove automatically also.

What troubles me most is that the first month's cell (E1) is a variable. So whatever date you change that to, the rest of the year will follow. So I want to avoid a system where it works this year .. but is broke the next :)

I only know the basics of Excel as I've only used it a few months. So I really need some friendly guidance here.

Thanks to all.
Kevin. :p

Excel Facts

Easy bullets in Excel
If you have a numeric keypad, press Alt+7 on numeric keypad to type a bullet in Excel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oksanana

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back