Trouble opening file

cek

I can't open a workbook I created yesterday. I spent a lot of time on it, so I'd really appreciate ideas on how to get into it. I need the formulas, not just the data. I had 15 sheets of data and 1 sheet of calculations. That sheet had some hlookups that referenced 1 sheet of data. When I got all the calculations set, I copied the sheet and did a replace all to change the references to one of the other 15 sheets of data. I didn't realize it immediately, but I had forgotten to put the labels on all 15 sheets of data, so the hlookups weren't going to work well. So in the process of replacing, Excel froze up and said I didn't have enough memory. I closed the workbooks and said to save it as I exited. I restarted and found I couldn't open my workbook. The task bar shows that there's still memory left, but it's using 100% of the CPU. Since then I've tried opening through explorer, the excel menu, as read only, in safe mode, and with manual instead of automatic calculations. I've also moved by xlb file, started w/o add-ins, and deleted many of my temp files. Any other ideas? Please! Thanks.

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.
Thanks for the links. I couldn't find anything that worked for my file though. So ideas are still appreciated. :) Thanks.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocbudda

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back