Trouble with schedule times

RazrHog

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Sorry, this is probably a really easy one for you guys, but I have spent quite awhile trying to figure it out.

I downloaded the student schedule template provided by Microsoft. Link: Student schedule

I don't actually want to use it as a student schedule, but instead a daily schedule of tasks for myself, but that is irrelevant.

When I put in a time (doesn't matter the increment), it will always spill over into the next time. For instance, if you put it as 30 minute increments up at the top, on the default information listed, it will put the default listed Health & Fitness class lasting for three 30 minute increments (until 12:30, when it only should go to 12:00). I can fix it by subtracting 1 minute (or even 1 second). For instance, in the default example, if it is changed to 11:59, it will display correctly.

Can anyone figure out how to fix it so that it will display correctly as listed?

Thank you very much for any help that anyone feels they might be able to give.

Here are a couple screenshots with red boxes around the relevant example I described above. (this information is in the default template above at the Microsoft link)

excel-screenshot-1.jpg

excel-screenshot-22.jpg

Can you just describe what happens when you change the formula?
Do you see the formula in the cell, do you get an error?
It shows, but it shows with an error to the side. Here is a screenshot of what I see:

excel-screenshot-4.jpg

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.
It shows the above text if you try to change something, or even if you just click on the cell, then click the green check box and don't change anything. It is pulling the information from sheet 2 ("Class List"), so I think everything is just meant to just display on sheet 1. (the "Class Schedule" sheet)

Upvote 0
If I change it to 11:00-11:30, it still shows for an hour if it is changed to 30 minute increments. (or in your example, it shows for 45 minutes, even though it is a 30 minute schedule)

View attachment 60130

And how do your Sheet "Class list" looks, for Tuesday ? You show Thursday in Sheet "Class shedule" (Red frame), which are set to 11:00 to 11:30

Upvote 0
And how do your Sheet "Class list" looks, for Tuesday ? You show Thursday in Sheet "Class shedule" (Red frame), which are set to 11:00 to 11:30

It does the same thing, no matter what I change, or which class it seems.

Here it is for the Tuesday class changed to 11:00-11:30 on "Class List", but it still shows 11:00-12:00 on "Class Schedule"

excel-screenshot-5.jpg

excel-screenshot-6.jpg

Upvote 0
If I change it from 11:00 to 11:29 it displays correctly.

Fluff might be on to something with the <= being substituted for just < on that one parameter for the end time. It just gives an error every time I try to change a cell when I do that on the "Class List" sheet

Upvote 0
Hold on a minute! As I can see, your "Class Schedule" Sheet are set correctly to, show 30 Minutes, according to what you have set in "Class List".
Where do you see, it goes to 12:00 on the actual day (Tuesday) ?

Upvote 0
Hold on a minute! As I can see, your "Class Schedule" Sheet are set correctly to, show 30 Minutes, according to what you have set in "Class List".
Where do you see, it goes to 12:00 on the actual day (Tuesday) ?

I guess I don't understand your question. It is set to 30 minutes, but is spanning an hour.

excel-screenshot-7.jpg

Upvote 0
Ok, there is a custom format on the cells, if you change the format of cells C4:I4 to general, you should then be able to change the formula in those cells & depending on your settings the corrected formula may have filled down to the cells below.

Upvote 0
Ok, there is a custom format on the cells, if you change the format of cells C4:I4 to general, you should then be able to change the formula in those cells & depending on your settings the corrected formula may have filled down to the cells below.
Bingo! Thanks!!!!

You, sir, are a scholar and a gentleman.

Upvote 0
If you ever run for president, you have my vote, Fluff.

Thank you so much!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andyg666

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back