Trouble with VLOOKUP from Power Query to Master Sheet

kohltonyork

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello! I am currently putting together a spreadsheet that will help me break down NBA player analytics. My idea here is to use Excels power query to scrape data from sites where NBA Stats are stored and transfer key information into a mastersheet where I can take a look at the important information all in one place. To do this I have been using the VLOOKUP formula and for the most part has worked okay, but the last few I have done have resulted in an error that I can’t seem to fix. I’ve tried many things but with a very basic knowledge of excel it was way beyond me how to fix it.

Here is an open copy of my spreadsheet as it seems like something that needs to be looked at rather than guessing answers.

2 Examples of my problem:
On the sheet named ‘Mastersheet’ Cell I4 was showing #N/A (which I created a formula to make it blank) when clearly in sheet “NumberFire” Anthony Davis is projected 35.73 minutes for the night.

Another example in ‘Mastersheet’ is Will Barton in cell F30 he is showing a blank for Avg. Minutes. While in ‘NBA Stuffer Stats’ he shows 31 minutes per game.

It makes no sense why the values are not found even thought I have checked and they seem to be exactly the same name through both sites. This problem continues many times throughout the spreadsheet and I’m not sure why. If you could help that would be incredible! I’ve already put some hard work into this project and would hate to see it come to a halt due to this.

Excel Facts

Will the fill handle fill 1, 2, 3?
Yes! Type 1 in a cell. Hold down Ctrl while you drag the fill handle.
1. Anthony Davis on NumberFire doesn't exist
2. =IFNA(VLOOKUP(FanDuel!A30, 'NBA Stuffer Stats'!A$2:AA$384, 5, FALSE),"") or use A:AA (not recommended)

Will BartonDENHOUSF$ 5,8003130.450000760.98225808928.19

Last edited:
Upvote 0
or use =IFNA(VLOOKUP(FanDuel!A30, 'NBA Stuffer Stats'!A$2:AA$1000, 5, FALSE),"")

Upvote 0
Why using VLOOKUP when you already have a Power Query solution?
You could load and then merge the mastersheet with your first query and expand the required columns.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thietbibeboiwasaco

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back