Truncation problem with data to email

imaquila

Board Regular
I'm using ShellExecute to launch my default email application and a macro to collect data and store it to a string to be used as the "body" of my email. The problem is that there my be 30 rows of data to list but once it goes to the email only about 18 rows of data survive the transfer from Excel to the email. It stops usually in the middle of a word so I suspect a character number limitation. Any suggestions for a work around?

Win7 /Excel 10

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
I'm not familiar with shell execute, does it have to be a plain text email? Could you use sendmail or CDOmail and add the data as an attachment?

Upvote 0
My limited understanding of Sendmail and cdo was that it could only be used with Outlook or Gmail. I use Thunderbird for my default email application. I'm sure that ShellExecute is a VERY "plain" text email. Formatting is NOT easy (if even possible). Thanks for trying to help.

Upvote 0
CDO mail will work with any SMTP server on your network, I run it on machines that have no mail client installed and I am not using Gmail.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GBCTeacher

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back