Trying to Associate Text Strings with Option Buttons

Nailgunn

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi, I have been tasked with providing my team with either 1) text that states there is no contract in place so our terms and conditions would apply or 2) A GSA is in place and the terms of that agreement will be used.

I feel like option buttons are the way to go because that leaves only ONE option for the user to select. I read where I can use the Cell Link box with an If statement I guess. Sorry, I normally work with Word! My problem is the examples I have seen have 10 or 12 characters whereas I have one option that is several sentences long. I thought that I could use a reference like Terms or GSA and then somehow have those words linked to the actual sentences that apply to one of the two option buttons but all I have done is create confusion for myself.

I am working on a worksheet that was created by someone else and I just placed the option buttons in cells A7 and A8 with the text strings in the adjacent columns. After that, I tried to do an if statement but I cannot type all the text because it's too long. What I thought would happen was if Option 1 was selected, Option 2 would disappear or vice versa.

Does this make any sense at all, what I am trying to do? If so, is there someone that can point me in the right direction so I don't pull out all my hair!
Thank you in advance for any guidance.
1613698939596.png

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result
You can link both option buttons with the same cell, you could then use that cell to determine which set of text to use.

For example if you link both option buttons to A1 you could use this formula to return the appropriate text.
Excel Formula:
=IF(A1=1, C7, C8)

Upvote 0
Thank you I appreciate your reply. I will try this. I guess I can put that text in a cell that is normally not seen but then I have to let the user know which one is which because my end goal is to not have the entire wording on the one that wasn't selected. So if I clicked on the button by "Terms" it would place all that text in and the row where "GSA" is would be blank except for column B. Is this possible?
Thanks

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DW Draft

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back