Trying to automatically sync newly added rows from one sheet to another

Steelbreeze10

Hi all,

First post here. I've searched a number of forums for a solution to my challenge, and although I can get close, I'm still not where I'd like to be.

**I've also posted this same question to another forum website (here: http://www.ozgrid.com/forum/forum/h...added-rows-from-one-sheet-to-another?t=205739), with no reply. This is fairly time-sensitive, so I waited for a solution there as long as I could. I read the cross-posting guidelines and am trying to follow as best I understand, and your feedback will be appreciated if addional criteria need met.

I'll try to be brief and simple in my description..

I'm a contractor and am using Excel 2016 to create cost estimates for projects. I have a workbook with a number of sheets/tabs that represent various activities/phases for each job. Since I'm tired of wasting my time entering the same info multiple times, I've actually also set up a few sheets that auto-populate info from other sheets, such as client name and address, etc.

In one particular sheet, entitled 'CLIENT COST PROPOSAL,' I've referenced the various sheets (1.1-DEMO, 1.2-CONSTRUCTION, 1.3-DRAINS & IRRIGATION, etc.) into the proposal to send to the client (when printed, it looks like a Word doc, with header/footer, etc). That's the easy part. I've also set up a filter on the last column so that any data is hidden that comes into the 'CLIENT COST PROPOSAL' sheet with a 0 value, to limit the visible lines to only those with data.

Here's my challenge: if I add a line in one of the other sheets (for example, 6" Concrete Driveway into the 1.2-CONSTRUCTION sheet), that new line isn't showing up in the 'CLIENT COST PROPOSAL' sheet.

**Note: I'm aware of and have tried the 'Group' command. However, if the new row on 1.2-CONSTRUCTION is at row 27 on that sheet, it'll arrive in row 27 on the CLIENT COST PROPOSAL sheet, too.

I'm not really interested in using a Macro, unless that's the ONLY way to accomplish what I'm wanting. However, I feel there should be a far easier way, yet one that's just above my pay grade
I've already been here: http://www.ozgrid.com/forum/showthre...s+master+sheet, but I have zero experience with VBA/Macros, and am really not wanting to go that route.

I've also already been here: http://www.ozgrid.com/forum/showthread.php?t=87476, but he's asking about getting the rows to show up in the exact same place in the destination as the source. I'm looking to have them sync to a different place, from multiple sheets into one 'index' sheet, for lack of a better description.

I also searched this forum, and this is as close as I've come so far, but doesn't solve the final step of my problem: https://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel-questions/72127-how-do-you-insert-row-into-all-worksheets-2.html

I imagine a simple formula (VLOOKUP or IF?) would work, but nothing I've tried is accomplishing my goal.

Thanks in advance.

Excel Facts

How to fill five years of quarters?
Type 1Q-2023 in a cell. Grab the fill handle and drag down or right. After 4Q-2023, Excel will jump to 1Q-2024. Dash can be any character.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DW Draft

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back