trying to compute grade for a class

xtac

Hi all,

I am pretty new at excel, I juse use it for inventory but not to its powerfull ways, I just use the layout, I have no idea how to use the formula, but anyway I got here last time with a grade compute, heres what I would like it to do

I have 3 test grades, that constitute for 81% of the grade, highest grade being a 27

I have 4 different tasks that count as 19% % of the grade, highest being an (a) so i guess its numerical value of 4 would be good?

If someone could pass on a formula for this id jump in joy because i hate trying to figure out my grade doing all these diff types of numbers over and over, and i thought excel would do its job.

thanks in advance

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.
There are a couple approaches, but usually what you really need to know is the total possible number of points, and of course your scores. The percetages are not needed they are just informational. You add up all your scores tests and tasks alike and then divide them by the possible number of points. That will result in your grade percentage. The formula for such a thing would look like =Sum(A2:A8)/B2 assuming your grades and tasks are in Range A2 through A8 and your possible points are in B2

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
audette89

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back