trying to create separate unconnected pivot tables from my data set

nmss18

I have a strange situation here. I have a data set and created a pivot table. I want to create a second and a third pivot table in the same sheet, from the same data set.
The problem is when I creaate the second pivot table it seems connected to the first. Specifically, I have dates in single date format. In the first pivot table I have the dates in 2 week intervals. In the second pivot table I need to see the month intervals, but when I change the format it automatically changes it in the first pivot table too.
I changed the pivot table names. I created the second pivot table in another sheet, I deleted the first pivot tbale and started from scratch. Nothing worked. I still see the same behavior.
Something must be connected but I dont know what. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
Great, this worked! Thanks much (and sorry for the delayed response. Just got to this now).

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
81jamesacct

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back